Mita Kasansoewirjo June 22, 2020 Essay
The theme you take for argumentative essays must be interesting. Don`t take public opinion, you have to stand firm on how you feel about the topic. Search and determine which essay topics you think are perfect for your controversial argumentative essays. Or the easiest and best way, i.e. you can choose one from the list of topics below to consider.
Controversial Argumentative Essay Outline
Controversial essay must be made in accordance with the format, in order to create a good structure and organization. Each essay must contain four parts, namely an introduction, your own argument, a rebuttal argument and ending with a conclusion.
To attract the reader's attention, create the first sentence in the introductory part of the essay as a hook, so that it can give effect to be more excited in reading the next part of the essay.
In the body of the essay, make a bait to make the reader more surprised by creating all kinds of expressions as bait. After that, make background information on the topic being discussed to explain the origin and antecedents. In this section, you must explain in detail about the issue, anyone who has concerns about it, where the issue occurs a lot and the reasons why this is discussed.
Talking about controversial argumentative essays, the topic discussed in this type of essay is usually related to issues that cause heated debate. Yes, this is about arguing between two opposing groups. One group expressed disapproval in terms of moral and / ethics, while the other group also had their own arguments based on a logical perspective. So, this is what is called the controversial argumentative essay. Sometimes, it can also be between people who have moral awareness and those who believe that everyone has the right to their beliefs.
- It is ok for a parent to physically discipline his child?
- Should mothers stay at home and look after children, or should they work like their husbands?
- Are children better off in two parent households?
- Should children be forcibly taken from their parents if the state feels that the parents are incompetent?
- What are the advantages and benefits of reading to children?
- Do you believe that same-gender couples make better or worse parents?
- What positive and negative long-term effects can corporal punishment have on children?
- Should families have a television in the house or not?
- Should abortion be legal or illegal?
- Do you believe that a person who is terminally ill has a right to assisted suicide?
- Should private businesses be allowed to discriminate against their clients based on race, gender, or orientation?
- What should countries do to address the problem of illegal immigration?
- Should the Church play a more active role in government and society?
- Is the death penalty an effective deterrent to criminals?
- Should countries have a social safety net that protects the needy and the disadvantaged?
- Do you think that those receiving welfare payments should be required to actively seek work?
- What positive and negative effects does globalization have on societies?
- Does diversity in the workplace increase or decrease tension?
- Should Federal bureaucracies be allowed to pass regulations that have the same weight as laws passed by legislative bodies?
- Would Great Britain be better off if the House of Lords had veto power over the House of Commons?
- Should judges make their rulings based on the wording of the law, or should they make rulings that benefit society?
- Do you believe that states should be able to nullify Federal law and rulings made by the Supreme Court if they believe such laws and rulings violate their rights as sovereign republics in the Union?
- Does the Second Amendment allow for ordinary citizens to own firearms, or does it only relegate these rights to militias?
- Does the Supreme Court of the United States have too much power over the other branches of government?
- Should birth-right citizenship be abolished by Congress?
- Is it a violation of the Fourteenth Amendment for states to deny the franchise to criminals?
- Is it a violation of the Fourth Amendment for the NSA to collect meta data?
- Should prosecuting a child as an adult be considered by the Supreme Court to be a violation of the Eighth Amendment?
- Do you believe that a priest or psychologist ought to be required by law to share the contents of their conversations with parishioners and patients with the police?
- Is it ethical for a doctor to deny treatment to a patient who can not afford an operation?
- Is it right for a college to have racial quotas that benefit minorities while denying entrance to academically gifted white and asian students?
- Should someone be allowed to use a gun to defend his home from an intruder?
- Should the First Amendment protect speech that might be considered offensive by some?
- Is it ethical to require gender offenders to have their names listed on registries visible to the public?
- Is it morally acceptable to offer a white lie to someone when the truth might hurt their feelings?
- Should prostitution be a legal career?
- Do you think that drug use should be legalized?
- Should hunting be considered cruelty to animals?
- Was colonialism beneficial to the Third World, or was it harmful?
- Was Adolf Hitler right to demand that territory formerly belonging to Germany be returned to it?
- Should President Abraham Lincoln have allowed the Southern states to leave the Union peacefully?
- Do you believe that the United States was justified in expelling the Native Americans from regions inhabited by white settlers?
- Was the Soviet Union justified in occupying Eastern Europe at the end of the Second World War?
- What were the causes of the U.S.-Mexican War and what effects does it have on the world today?
- What were the primary causes of the Indo-Pak Wars following the dissolution of British India?
- Was Reconstruction of the American South following the American Civil War a success or a failure?
- Why was Prussia successful in unifying Germany into a single nation?
- What effect did the invention of the cotton gin have on American agriculture?
- Do you believe that healthcare should be free for all?
- Should prisoners in the United States have the same access to healthcare as do free persons?
- Is it ethical to perform medical experiments on animals?
- Should medical knowledge gained from experiments performed on people in Nazi concentration camps be used today?
- Is it better to have a private or public healthcare system?
- How should the United States cope with an increasingly aging population?
- Should people with transmitted diseases, such as HIV/AIDs, be forcibly quarantined?
- Is drug and alcohol addiction a disease?
- Should military service members be allowed to sue military doctors for medical malpractice?
- How are 21st Century social conditions affecting people’s health?
- Should children with special needs be taught separately from normal children?
- Should standardized test scores be used to determine whether or not a student graduates?
- Do you believe that common core will benefit the American education system?
- Should the curriculum in public schools be determined by local communities or by the state?
- Which system is better: teacher centered or student centered education?
- Should schools include athletics as part of school life, or should school be solely for academic purposes?
- What are the benefits and drawbacks of a classical education?
- Compare and contrast learning methodologies of the 19th and 20th centuries.
- How can parents facilitate learning in the classroom?
- Should teachers be friends with their students?
- Should the United States engage in rapprochement with Russia?
- Do you believe that the European Union is beneficial to Europe?
- Is it a good policy for the EU and NATO to expand in Eastern Europe?
- Should the United States guarantee the security of South Korea, Japan, and Taiwan against China, Russia, and North Korea?
- Is Great Britain justified in leaving the European Union?
- What should Ukraine’s foreign policy be as a result of American and Russian interference in her domestic affairs?
- Should South and North Korea unify or should they remain separate countries?
- What foreign policy objectives should the Trump administration pursue?
- How can Russia and the United States achieve a lasting peace in Syria that is beneficial to both nations and Syria?
- How has terrorism affected the foreign policies of the United States and Russia?
- Should developed nations adopt socialism?
- Which economic system is better for society, capitalism or socialism?
- What are some of the reasons why communism failed in the Soviet Union?
- Is buying shares speculation or is it investing?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of an economy oriented towards exporting commodities?
- What were the causes of the recession of 2008, and how might such an economic downturn be avoided in the future?
- Did President Roosevelt’s New Deal policies help to end the Great Depression, or did they protract America’s economic woes?
- What economic policies should Third World countries adopt to improve their global status?
- Should countries adopt protectionist or free-trade policies?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages to being in a customs union?
- Can wars be won solely by strategic bombing, or are ground forces necessary to achieve victory?
- Can mechanized units be used to take urban areas, or should light infantry supported by artillery and aircraft better suited for this role?
- When waging a counter-insurgency in another country, should reprisals be taken against civilians in order to deter them from aiding the opposition force?
- Is it morally acceptable to use chemical and biological munitions as area denial weapons?
- What role did sea power play in the emergence of Great Britain as the premier superpower of the 19th Century?
- Why, despite arguably having the best army in the world, did Germany still lose the Second World War?
- In a total war, where the objective is to replace the enemy’s government and completely occupy his country, do the means justify the ends?
- Are aircraft carriers still useful on the modern battlefield, or are have they been rendered obsolete by recent developments in air and submarine warfare?
- Should the United States military seek to weaponize space?
- Can artificial intelligence and machines replace soldiers on the battlefield?
- Stereotyping for college athletes; is playing sports going to affect your academic level?
- Cheerleading is a real sport; are cheerleaders shamed for what they like to do the most?
- Colleges spend too much money on sports programs.
- Animal sports should be banned and criminalized.
- Controlling the types of ads broadcast during sports events that children and teenagers watch.
- Betting on all kinds of sports contradicts with the main purpose of practicing them.
- Male and female athletes should be given the same salaries and chances.
- Chess is a real sport that trains the important organ in the body: the brain.
- Is American football too dangerous for players?
- Do elite athletes really deserve their enormous income?
- Is technology turning us into present-time zombies?
- Is technology making people feel lonely?
- Online dating; is it replacing the real thing?
- Is technology limiting creativity in young people?
- Do you think that humanity will reach a point where there is no chance for any technological advancement?
- Spending money on exploring space: The cost and the benefits.
- The effect of technology on education.
- Is technology making people smarter or dumber?
- Can technology be used to treat human problems related to feelings?
- Should cloning be allowed or banned?
- What is the right age to allow children to have their private social media accounts?
- Does spending too much time on social media ruin family and personal relationships?
- Social media pranks and challenges; are they really dangerous?
- Social media platforms can change someone’s point of view and bias.
- Should social media platforms be monitored and controlled?
- Are funny memes ethical?
- Reporting offensive social media content; is it really worth it?
- International trends and how they affect the way we behave.
- Are YouTubers responsible for comments their fans publish on their posts?
- Making money off social media.
How To Write The Best Argumentative Essay Video
The next step is to create a thesis statement that contains your position on the topic being discussed and the reasons why such a stance should be taken.
List of Controversial Argumentative Essay Topics